CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

I'm me... lol. A very laid back and relaxed guy, born and raised in Nashville, Tn. I have a variety of interests ranging from music to women... ok, almost exclusively music and women. I like to hit the gym, sing, read(even that one is new to me), and as some would call me: Pick-up Artist.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

An Introduction to Dating, Pick up, and... Myself

Hi.

I'm Playboy. In some circles, I'm called a Pick-up Artist. If you don't have any clue what that is, there was a fairly popular show on VH1 entitled(ironically) The Pick-Up Artist. It consisted of a guru of sorts in the area of dating(Mystery as he is known in his circles), along with his coaches, changing some average guys with poor dating skills into guys who excel at meeting women. Through eight episodes with varying lessons and challenges, these guys basically learn from "the best", how to be better with women.

Simply put, I could describe the pua(as we so affectionately call the pick-up artist) as a professional dater. Be it to have extracurricular activities, or a trophy girlfriend, or to have better relationships, or even to find a worthy girl to settle down with, its practically a professional dater.

So where do I fit in in that list? Thats for me to know, and you to mull over, lol. All in all, I'm not the average pua. I'm not a player(although I'd be a good one), Im not looking to put notches on my belt(too easy), I'm not a guru(though for some reason ive had a few guys telling me to write a book), I'm not looking to settle down(though I welcome any woman who thinks she can tame me), and I don't need a boost to my ego(it is already thoroughly inflated).

So what am I looking for? Nothing. Nada. I just live my life and do what I love. When I come across something I like, I take. Past that, I like to entertain and share with others hoping they might learn something maybe about life, love, themselves, whatever.

So you have a clue what a pick-up artist is. How do you become one, how do you learn all this crazy dating stuff? My best advice to you is to get in the field. In other words, just go out in real life and actively try to meet women. There is no better place to learn real life applicable social skills than real life applicable social situations. Next in line is just to find people who are good at what you want to do then pick them apart and study them(in a friendly way of course). We call those naturals in the world of pick up artists.

There a plenty of "dating coaches", gurus, pickup artists and the like out there that charge money for books, seminars, workshops, live instructional bootcamps, and the like. But even if I ever started charging to teach a guy how to improve with women, I will always recommend the most useful resource I know, and it costs nothing but your time and study. Its practically where Pick-up(at least as a community) originated . Its where alot of current gurus, dating coaches, authors, tv shows, and all, have their roots... mASF.

As in moderated.Alt.Seduction.Fast, which you can find on www.fastseduction.com.Its message board in an online community that has everything you will ever need to know to learn about being successful with women that you would struggle to learn on your own. I simply have found no greater resource when it comes to learning about dating.

As far as what you'll find there, it all depends on how open a mind you have and how comfortable you are with dropping ideas that society has ingrained into your head through years of television, music, movies, family, and school. Even if being a pick up artist isnt appealing, its damn interesting to watch a ton of guys struggling with women and dating look for advice and get it from some of the most competent guys ever.

On my way out the door, I'll fill you in about my tag. I know some guys who date plenty of girls. Plenty of cute girls. But I look at these guys and think, "what a loser." Alot of money, a bunch of girls, a nice car... those things dont make you a great person. Anyone can steal and cheat their way into money, and guy can lie and tell a girl what she wants to hear, and a car is just a piece of metal that burns liquified oranisms that are thousands of years old. But how many guys made their money honestly and up front? How many guys can tell a girl how things really are and be themselves and STILL get the girl? How many guys do you know that dont need to brag about their car, dont need an expensive car, or dont even need to have a car at all, because they are genuinely great people regardless of what they have?

Which guy would you rather be?

--
Being successful with women is not about the lines you recite or the moves you make. Any loser can trick a woman into sleeping with him. That doesnt keep him from being a loser.

Its about who you are and where your focus is, not what you do. If youre comfortable with yourself, comfortable with women, and comfortable with being sexual, you ARE the kind of guy that is successful with women.

NVP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the gayest motherfucker on the internet.

Nashville Playboy said...

Yeah, its funny how guys who probably suck with girls give me crap... while their girlfriends are writing down their number, sliding it to me when the guy isn't looking, lol.

Don't be that guy?

kipnikon said...

Hey NVP, I enjoy your insight. I'm pretty new to the whole PUA scene. But I have some serious limiting beliefs (short/asian).

I'm going to enter Medical school soon and I have not had sex for over a year. I'm willing to learn a lot. Thus far I have read the Tyler Digest and am about to go over Style's archive.

For the few months I have free, how do you recommend I get familiar with the PU scene? I don't have any PUA/natural friends but am willing to try anything.

Where I live there are very few nightlife venues. Should I just stick to malls/college campuses for training?

-kipnikon